SECTION 1 - WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW IS IT COLLECTED
- Sphere explicitly collects and preserves the personal information that you enter into the inquiry screens presented to you when you register as a user of Sphere’s services. The specific information requested by these screens may change from time to time to meet the evolving needs of Sphere’s services, but generally falls into the following categories:
1.1. Personal identification and contact information such as name, email address, location, and cell phone number.
1.2. Information on your personal contacts with whom you may want to engage in social events, including information similar to your personal information.
1.3. Calendar information on your availability to participate in social events.
1.4. Interest information on your personal interests.
- Sphere collects information on the device and browser with which you access its website. Sphere may also preserve information on the internet protocol (IP) addresses from which contact is made to its website.
- Sphere will collect and preserve information on your participation in social events that it suggests to you including those events you decline and any feedback you may provide on any events.
- The Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in the routing between anyone contacting Sphere’s website and that person’s link to the internet for that contact may collect and preserve information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
SECTION 2 - USE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Sphere will use the explicitly collected information and the participation information in support of its services to you and its other users and to enhance such services:
1.1. Generally this use will involve constructing social events to which you and your contacts may be invited.
1.2. This use may also include assessing compliance with Sphere’s Term of Service (TOS).
1.3. Sphere will not provide any personally identifiable information to any third parties. It may, however, provide non-personally identifiable information to third parties in its efforts to enhance the services that it provides. These third parties may include vendors who manage sites at which Sphere proposes social events.
1.4. Sphere will make reasonable efforts to avoid providing information on any of its users to its other users except to the extent that such information becomes evident by users being invited to a common event or otherwise using a social feature of the platform.
- Sphere will use the device and browser information to troubleshoot any difficulties navigating or interacting with its website that users or potential users bring to its attention. Sphere may further use information on IP addresses to assess compliance with or violations of its TOS or to identify efforts to adversely affect the performance of its website.
- Sphere disclaims any ability to control any use of the information collected by the ISPs in the routing between its website and any person contacting its website. It will contract with an ISP who purports to follows general industry practices with regard to privacy but it has no plans to police compliance with such standards. It has no control over or responsibility for the policies or practices of other ISPs who may be involved in a given routing.
- Should Sphere provide links on its website to any third party websites or other addresses, it directs anyone using such links to the privacy policies of such third parties and disclaims any responsibility for such policies or compliance with such policies. Sphere may vet the privacy policies and practices of the addresses to which it provides links, but it does not commit to doing so. Such links may include those that facilitate payments for services.
- Sphere will comply with any legal process, such as subpoenas, seeking any information in its possession.
SECTION 3 - SECURITY
- Sphere will take reasonable steps consistent with standard industry practice to prevent unauthorized access to or modification of the explicitly collected information and the participation information. However, Sphere makes no guarantee that such access or modification will not occur as the result of determined efforts of third parties.
SECTION 4 - CONSENT
- By accessing Sphere’s website and responding to the inquiry screens which it provides you are consenting to the use and protection of the information so obtained in accordance with the terms outlined above.
- You may withdraw your consent to the use of your information by mail directed to Sphere, Inc., DG257-444 Alaska Ave, Torrance, CA, 90503, United States. Sphere will then make reasonable efforts to place your information in an archive and not actively access it for purposes other than an evaluation of its services or responding to legal process or requests by law enforcement authorities.
SECTION 5 - MODIFICATIONS
- Sphere reserves the right to modify this policy at any time with regard to information not yet collected. Any such modifications will become effective upon posting on the Sphere website. Sphere may, at its discretion, make efforts to alert its users to any substantial changes. However, it expects that any person concerned will monitor the posting of this policy on the Sphere website.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer by mail at Sphere, Inc.
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
[DG257-444 Alaska Ave, Torrance, CA, 90503, United States]